Home of the United States Air Force Academy CrossFit Team & Club

02 April 2012

04.03.2012

Warm- Up
Before we begin, I would like to dedicate this warm-up to a very special person--Me. No reason, I just wanted to...


Med ball chest pass progression:
with a buddy--
- Chest passes
-non-symmetrical (one foot in front, offset, etc...)
-under arm throw (Granny style)
-Pass across from the left
-Pass across from the right
-wall ball style
-Freestyle (mix it up, try not to do the same thing twice)
Do these for 30 sec each style

WOD Functionality
Overhead Squat bottom position hold for 30 sec x 3
15 Thrusters (45#)


METCON
"Backwards Fran"
9-15-21
Pull-ups
Thrusters

4 min rest
Then:

5 Rds

Farmers Carry 2 Pood 25ft
15 GHD Sit ups

_________

This is an old one, but it reminds us why being elite is so bad...you embarass the piss out of people who go to the gym once a week and buy the $10 Evian bottles to get on the treadmill for 20 min and maybe if its a good day do a couple of curls, but not after their five min wiping down the treadmill after their strenuous cardio workout. Yeah, I joke about these things, and I even poke fun occasionally, but when it comes down to it, just take a step back and think for a sec. Keep that in mind the next time you troll around looking to evangelize CrossFit--that not everyone is as motivated by body image or brute strength. It's a little thing I like to call humility.


Oh, by the way...Curls are functional--I won't go into detail but you all are smart enough to figure out what I'm talking about.



ONE WEEK UNTIL PLAYOFF SEASON!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! (you have to know what I'm talking about to know what I'm talking about)

No comments: